The forum is designed to allow members to share their experience and discuss and resolve all kinds of questions related to trading and investing on the Forex market. The Rules are principally designed to build and maintain a respectful, supportive environment for solving problems and enabling communication between the members. All the Rules are directed towards this purpose. In connection with this, the following rules are more than just a collection of regulations but describe the principles which all members are expected to adhere to.
The following is prohibited:
1. Insulting other forum members or groups of users in the forum and also provoking them into conflicts or into violating the forum Rules and also using the reputation system to do so, inciting negativity on the forum, and discussing the personal characteristics of the individual you are conversing with.
2. Posting direct or indirect (including links) threats to the wellbeing or the life of other forum members.
3. Using obscenities either spelled out or implied.
4. Advertising pirated software which poses a potential threat to computers or contains content of a pornographic nature.
5. Distributing information which is untrue or unsupported by facts, and posting emotional unsupported allegations against other members of the forum and companies.
6. Publishing the personal information of other members of the forum without their permission or making public the personal messages exchanged between members (on this forum or elsewhere) without mutual consent.
7. Placing any direct or indirect advertisements, including as part of a nickname, PAMM account and PAMM portfolio name, or uploading avatars or any other image containing a site name or any advertisement, including referral links in the signature and in messages, and personal data (phone numbers, email, as well as data from social networks and instant messengers) without the permission of the Alpari Administrators.
8. Discussing or linking to competitors of Alpari, including making mention of their name in full and links to sites or other forms of media which mention competitors, additionally, posting texts, image files, videos and software containing links to banned content (with the exception of direct links to monitoring accounts opened with Alpari like myfxbook.com, for example).
NOTE! The aforementioned rules pertain not only to public posts, but also to the Personal Messages system, conditional upon being reported by the user and forwarded to a Moderator using thе "Report" feature as well as messages left on the member's profile feed or blog.
9. Having multiple nicknames or using someone else's nickname, registering and using a nickname which is similar enough to another's nickname to cause confusion to other members of the forum, and registering and using a nickname which mocks existing forum members or is insulting to other members.
10. Reposting of similar topics or messages.
11. Discussing the actions (or inactions) or the personal details of Moderators or Administrators publicly, provided that Moderators or Administrators themselves have not sanctioned the discussion. The Personal Messages system must be used to clear up any issues concerning moderation of the forum, or contact the Administrator through the "Contact Us" form, or by email at [email protected].
12. Posting off-topic messages, thereby diverting the discussion from the intended theme.
13. Flooding the forum with multiple short messages, very long messages which impair the readability of the thread, and posting messages which are out of context.
Several consecutive messages are considered as flooding if at least one of them could be classified as flooding. Flooding is also defined as the excessive quoting of previous comments or attaching bulk messages with no editing.
14. Posting information:
a) encouraging children to commit acts which threaten their lives and/or health, including self-harm and suicide;
b) which could result in a child's desire to use drugs, including psychotropic and/or intoxicants, tobacco, alcohol and alcohol-containing products, beer and beer-based beverages, and to participate in gambling, prostitution, vagrancy or begging;
c) validating or justifying the permissibility of violence and/or cruelty against people or animals;
d) denying family values, promoting non-traditional sexual relationships and encouraging the development of disrespect towards parents and/or other family members;
e) justifying illegal behavior;
f) in the form of pictures or descriptions of cruelty, physical and/or mental violence, crime or other anti-social behaviour;
g) frightening, causing terror, or panic among children, including through images or descriptions of a dehumanising nature of non-violent death, disease, suicide, accidents, disasters or catastrophes and/or their consequences;
h) aimed at inciting ethnic hatred.
15. Discussing any religious and political themes outside the context of financial markets (these topics can be discussed in Private clubs).
16. User signatures must meet the following requirements:
a) The font size should be no larger than the standard value (14).
b) Changing the capitalisation, font type, underlining, colour or any other formatting is prohibited.
c) The maximum number of lines in a signature is 3. Empty lines are prohibited.
d) The maximum number of links (URLs) in a signature is 3.
e) Placing referral links in one’s signature, as well as links to social networks and instant messengers is prohibited.
f) The use of emojis, images or video in the signature is prohibited.
17. In the event that a member violates the forum Rules, the following types of disciplinary action may be applied: a warning, pre-moderation, and/or a ban. The Administrators can ban any forum member at their own discretion if necessary, stating the reason for the ban.
18. The Administrators and forum Moderators have the right to edit, delete, move or close any topic or message at their discretion. Continuing to discuss a topic closed by the Moderators is not allowed.
19. The Administrators may limit the usage of any forum functionality for any forum member.
21. Answers by Alpari employees in the forum are only advisory in nature. To address issues that require an official Company response you should send an email to [email protected] or use the "File a Claim" form in myAlpari.